August 23, 2012

Costco & Uhaul!

So my new place needed a sofa and my roommate, Angela, bought one from Costco! Yet, how do we get it home...rent a Uhaul. This was my first trip using a Uhaul, but Angela had the pleasure of driving it. Let's just say, it was quite an adventure!
Pushing 1 of 3 boxes out of Costco! The third box, the ottoman, luckily was small enough to fit in Angela's car.
Angela and I were told we could ask for a Costco workers help to load the boxes into our truck, yet as we exited the store, none were to be found. So we decided to be the strong women we are and load them into the van ourselves!
We rested and posed for a photo op before we loaded the second one in. We did it!
Once the boxes were loaded up, we hit the road, driving much slower than usual. We both have sympathy now for people driving Uhaul trucks. The blind spots are bad! I was her eyes so she could change lanes. All went well!
I loved this sign inside the truck! We were the muscle...Uhaul didn't provide us with anything. And if they did I'm sure it would've come with a small price. :)
We love our new sofa! It fits in our place great and now our bodies have a place to rest after all that lifting.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Alicia - I am glad you noticed the sticker inside the U-Haul truck about MovingHelp.com. Moving Help services include loading and unloading your moving truck, as well as more services. You mentioned the help probably came at a pretty price. Actually, the average price for a Moving Help order is $150. That may sound like a lot, but not when you factor in your time of (typically) four to six hours loading your own truck. I hope we have an opportunity to help you on your next move.

- Kevin
MovingHelp.com