May 6, 2009

Happy Nurses Day! May 6th!

I love being a nurse! I have had so many great experiences at Primary Children's Hospital. I love my co-workers, managers, and the doctors are great! In celebration of this day, I wanted to take a look back at my nursing study abroad trip to Argentina in spring 2007. This cute little guy was my buddy in the NICU! He really relaxed when I stroked his head, which pretty much fit in my palm. Oh I miss him, I hope he's doing well!
Argentina had some pretty interesting ideas! A few are demonstrated here! They shield the sun from the window with paper towels and they believe the saran wrap on the baby keeps the heat in. We tried to teach them it can harbor bacteria from the moisture, but to no avail they kept it on! We tried. So to all my nursing friends, Happy Nurses Day! You are all such great nurses, and friends! Thank you for your friendship, love, and support in my life!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Nurses Day to you as well! Oh, those were good times in Argentina...I think we should go back! Hope you have a great day! Miss you!

Jamie Blake said...

Lic, that is tender! I am so glad that you love your job! I am sure it is very rewarding. Hope things are going well for you!