September 23, 2010

Farewell to Gil!

I came home today and noticed Gil not moving very much, well...not at all! I quickly turned the bowl a little, which usually moves him since he loved to hide, but no movement. Oh no, so I quickly called my mom and told her my prediction. I then put a little food in, which also usually perks him up from his hiding spot and makes him come up to eat, but that didn't move him either. My prediction was right...Gil was dead! Sad! :(

For those of you who don't remember, I inherited Gil from my brother after a high school girl used him to ask Neal out to a dance a year ago. I had Gil for exactly a year! I fished him out of his bowl, prepared a nice spot outside, buried him, and gave a small eulogy! He was such a good fish, whenever I was down or needed someone to just hear me out (which he was very good at) he was there!
What I loved most about Gil was his bright red color with purple highlights down his tail. I loved how when he moved, his tail would whip around in the water. Gil you will be missed!

No comments: