September 20, 2010

Operation Smile!

I certified in PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) this past week and today I submitted my application to apply for missions with Operation Smile! Yeah! My application is pending approval, not sure how long it will take, but hopefully I'll hear from them soon! I've always wanted to be a part of this great organization and travel the world providing this great service. I hope to find out soon and then sign up for a mission. Details to come...but I am so excited that I have something to look forward to and progress with in my career and in life.

Oh so cute! This is the age I work with at Primary Children's and I take care of a lot of post op cleft lip and palate babies so I can't wait to see other kids in other countries take their first smile after surgery.
This guy has got his smile down...watch out ladies!

2 comments:

J+S said...

Totally cool that you are going to do this!

~Jenifer

Amanda said...

That's so awesome! Can't wait to hear where you're gonna go!