January 25, 2012

I'm headed back to China...on my 2nd Operation Smile Mission!

China, I know right?!? Crazy, I never thought I would've gone there once, let alone twice in a year! However, this mission will be in the southern region of China, Wenshan (Yunnan Province). In August 2011, I traveled to Kashgar, which is on the far western borders of China. I received the email on my birthday (and who says Friday the 13th is unlucky) and immediately was thrilled to go on this mission. I responded back with my confirmation and recently learned another pre/post nurse on the mission is also from Salt Lake City and she works at Primary Children's as well! I'm thrilled to have a traveling buddy this trip! The mission dates are March 13-22, but I am planning with this fellow nurse to stay til possibly the night of the 23rd to see Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I was able to see the Great Wall on my last visit but won't be apposed to spending more time at the once in a lifetime, twice for me, wonder of the world!
Rice fields in Yunnan Province. I hope to be able to see some of these. Yunnan Province is more mountainous, which in comparison to Kashgar was desert.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

wahoo! That is awesome! I am so excited for you.