June 20, 2012

A few days away from life...in Park City!

My parents have a timeshare through Marriott and they had the week up in Park City (June 17-23) so I decided to take a break and join them for a few days! It's so pretty and even though Park City is only a 20 minute drive up the canyon from Salt Lake, the atmosphere gives off the vibe that you're out of the state!
We went on a hike Monday afternoon and got a good look at downtown Park City from the view of Park City Ski Resort! We really wanted to ride the chair lift but $11 one way or $20 the whole day, ya right! We'll hike...thank you!
My parents 33 year post engagement feet picture! Everyone's enagement pictures these days has a picture of their feet so I decided to be creative! My mom loves this picture! Next I need to get her in some killer red heels and put some sleek black shoes on my dad! Now that would be a sweet!
I had to join in on the fun! Show I was on this hike!
My mom and dad looking out over the Park City valley!
My dad has a nich for making most anything with wood, and he's really good! But in this case, he found some random branches lying around and decided to make an archway above the trail! Love him!
Olympic Park! It's been 10 years and I just came for my very first time! Sad, I know, but it was fun! We watched 5-12 year olds ski off the far right jump and into the pool. They would pump air into the pool from the bottom to make the landing softer. We all sat on the grass and enjoyed watching them.
I snowboard but never skiied! Great picture huh!
Mom holding the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games torch!
This beautiful white barn is a landmark of Park City! Dad pulled over and I took a few pictures of the barn so he could watercolor it. He is really good at everything and he especially loves to watercolor!

1 comment:

Jamie Blake said...

Love the five fingered footwear...whosoever shoes those are! :) Looks like a fun time!