June 2, 2012

I played dirty in...The Dirty Dash!

The Utah Spring Dirty Dash was held at Soldier Hollow this year on June 2, 2012. With about 5,000 participants and a sold out race, it was the place to be! I had always wanted to run this dirty race but always forgot about it. I made sure I didn't miss it this year and recruited a group of nurses from the hospital to run it with me! I didn't want to skip any obstacle, so I guess you could say I'm a true "dirty dasher"! The course is 5.5 miles, yet I didn't think I would be so sore afterwards! If it was just 5.5 miles, sure, no problem! But all the obstacles has me still icing my bruised, scraped up body!
The obstacle course...walls, haystacks, tubes, tires, slip and slide, muddy pools, and monkey bars! The ultimate cross country course!
Before...Me, Lindsi Barber, Amber Sherwood, and Alison Kohutek
After! A different shirt...no!
 The pile of donated, muddy shoes post race!
My muddy, donated shoes! All donated shoes go to the Road Home, homeless shelter in Salt Lake City.
The freezing cold, mountain snow runoff showers...but they were FREE! Did I mention...FREEZING!
Soldier Hollow! The slip and slide can be spotted in the top right corner of the picture. It was my favorite obstacle! I caught speed going down and the girl in front of me had to move over so I didn't run into her! Thank you! I was heading face first so I quickly flipped around to land in the mud on my butt!
Water/Food station. Muddy, post race runners!
There were little mud streams everywhere. All the little kids put their clean shirts to use! I'm sure their parents were so pleased! ;)
Finish line! This group is jumping up and down in the mud in celebration!
The final mud pools right before the finish line! I caught a girl in the air in her jump into the pool!
I need to find out where they got their random shark hats! My friends and I are going to have eye turning get up this September!
Muddy pyramid celebration!

No comments: