May 22, 2012

Celeste, the best kitty a girl could have!

Celeste, my baby girl, passed away on May 21, 2012. She lived many years, 16 in fact! She had her share of kitty treats and loved to be part of the family! Celeste had been getting skinnier for a while now and the doctor said she had thyroid problems and arthritis. I knew it would be her time to go soon, yet I wasn't ready to part with her yet. I think I felt like if I made the decision to take her in to be put down, it was like I was killing her. I struggled to make the call. She was such a strong cat. Whenever I came home, I would hear her sweet special "meow" that was just for a few of us. It spoke to me like "hey, I'm right here". I would always do it back to her. A week or so ago, I finally decided I wanted to be there with her when they put her down. Yet, my sweet baby girl beat me to the task. On Sunday night, my parents hadn't heard her much of the day so my mom went into the garage to find her very weak and barely able to walk. My mom picked her up and told her how much we all loved her and how much she has meant to us. My parents stayed with her for a few hours, brought out some blankets for her to lay on and made her comfortable. Around 12:15am my parents were off to bed and in the morning after my dad woke up, he found she had passed away. I worked a night shift Sunday night at the hospital and as I got off work, I had a text message from my mom to call her asap! I don't like those text messages. She told me she had passed away during the night and I immediately broke down into tears. I cried myself home and eventually to sleep. I awoke with a huge headache and then I drove down home to say good-bye! It was tough to see her but I wanted to. I held her close each time before I left my parents house over the past few weeks, but nothing prepares you to see them that way. I'm grateful my parents were with her in the end and for the love they showed her from all of us. I know Celeste is in heaven with her brother Oreo (Emily's cat who passed away 7 years ago) and she's enjoying life pain free. I hope she has found my Grandma Hardy, who loved her so much! Here's to you my baby girl, I was ever so grateful for the listening ear you provided when I needed somoene to talk to. I love you so much and you'll always be in my thoughts!

1 comment:

Jamie Blake said...

Celeste was such a great cat. I am a firm believer that pets help us out and enrich our lives so much! She's now up in heaven happy as can be!