May 9, 2012

A few of my recent activities...gotta love life!

Downton Abbey! Oh PBS, well done! Season 2 is over and 3 begins next January 2013! Yet while my roommates are anxious for season 3 to start, I still have season 1 to watch. I jumped into season 2 and love it! I can't wait for more!
It's true, I am the owner of the "new" ipad! If that is what it's name is! I have loved it! I admit, it was a splurge, huge in fact, but loving it!
The Titanic, last picture taken April 10, 1912.
Some may know of my fascination with the history of the Titanic among other big events in history, yet I think it's the untold stories of which capture me the most about this tragic event. The 100th anniversary of its sinking was April 15, 2012. I put together a little night to honor those lost that night. I printed off boarding passes, as shown above, researched 11 victims and 11 survivors, researched facts and displayed them around the house. My friends and I then watched, of course, Kate and Leo in Titanic, had a mid movie snack of vanilla ice cream (the iceberg), oreos (broken ship), and sprinkles (passengers) and then at the end of the movie, I handed everyone their bio of their passenger for them to find if they survived or not. My friends really enjoyed the night and overall I hope they learned a bit of history of the Titanic and its amazing passengers. Each of them had a story, amazing ones in fact, and I wanted them to be heard, remembered on that day! I'm grateful for my friend Justin Rae, who humored my ideas for the party and allowed me to post my nerdy knowledge of the Titanic about his house for others to read. Thank you! It was a great night, it meant a lot to me to celebrate it they way we did.
I just finished this AMAZING book and I recommend it to all! My mom just finished it and is loaning my book to her friend, now how is that for a recommendation! Read it! If you aren't familiar, Stephanie Nielson and her husband were in a plane crash in 2008 which burned her over 80% over her body and her husband's 30%. The pilot didn't survive. The story is a true tale of her triumph in life, to overcome adversity and trust in the Lord for the future. The best part in this tale is her will and ability to have another child, born April 2, 2012. She's beautiful! Check out her story either through my button on my blog or go to nieniedialogues.com.
It's simple, and I admit it...I'm addicted to this stuff! I LOVE Chocolate Milk! Be true to your moo!
Have you seen it? Then go! It is the top grossing film on opening weekend...ever! My siblings and I saw it at 11:59pm opening night! And I have seen it once again, yesterday! It's that good. Period. :) I love Thor!

1 comment:

Stephanie J. Hoyt said...

I love that you had a titanic party! That is so YOU, haha! My iPad isn't the new one, but has revolutionized my life, nonetheless. So I say good choice!