September 5, 2012

Temple, petting zoo, and Moab...all in one day!

I completed my goal! I attended an endowment session in all open Utah temples before my one year anniversary of receiving my own endowment, which is September 10, 2012! Monticello, UT was my last stop. My roommate Angela joined me on a journey down to Monticello, waking up at 5:30am to make the noon session. If we missed it, the next session isn't until 5pm, 5 hours later! We arrived an hour early but we made it.
Monticello Utah Temple!
I found beautiful flowers/plants to take pictures of on the temple grounds!
 Beautiful!
 The view leaving Monticello...now onto "Hole N" the Rock"!
What a site, huh! They have the most random stuff, including a petting zoo!
Angela loves Elephants!
We discovered this cute "hole" had a petting zoo and we had to do it! Tickets $3.75 plus we shared a $5 bucket of oats and carrots to feed the animals. We were so excited!
Meet Cramer! He's the camel we were told we could get a kiss from if we held a carrot between our teeth. On my first try, I ducked away right before he bit on the other end of the carrot. I was so nervous! But I finally got the guts up and was BRAVE! Results below...
First base with Cramer...the Camel! Yes, only an inch of carrot between me and my camel.
Angela tempting Cramer with another carrot. He was so greedy, he wanted our whole bucket!
Caution! Alpaca spitting zone!
I'm feeding the minature horse and donkey! El burro! :)
Angela loved this Zebra, too bad there were 2 fences between them!
 Cramer, struttin' his stuff!
I loved this sign...I may as well be a part of their exhibit!
A cactus made out of bowling balls! It's ginormous!
After our adventure at the petting zoo we drove into Moab and hiked Delicate Arch! Angela had never seen it before and so we had to do it with being in the area. We cruised up the trail and inbetween Asians and their cameras we were finally able to get a shot with the arch with no one in it!
I love Delicate Arch, I'm so proud to be a Utahan! All in all, we drove 9 hours, enjoyed a 2 hour endowment session, fed zoo animals, was almost kissed by a camel, and hiked 3 miles to the most scenic arch in Utah! What a day!

No comments: