September 28, 2008

Inspirational books! I loved them!


I just finished reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" last night on my night shift. It's a very inspirational book! I also finished reading "The Last Lecture" a few weeks ago, and found both of them to be equal in the amazing outlooks on life given by the main characters in both books. I was inspired after reading these books. I want to write down quotes from these books and post them around my room and house to always remind me what life is about, and what I should be focusing my time and energy on. It's not the worldly things that matter in life. It's the personal moments, charitable acts, random acts of kindness that really matter. These moments can simply involve calling up an old friend, listening to someone, or just being there in every sense instead of just being there. I highly recommend these books to anyone in search of reading something good.

2 comments:

Ree-ch said...

I LOVED THAT BOOK...I actually only saw the movie, which was really good too. You should read the 5 people you meet in heaven and the Alchemist, you would love those.
I also love your background. That looks awesome, and the perfect colors too - like my wedding colors :) YOU ARE THE BEST.

derek said...

Alicia! Where are you!? We need you to play soccer with us!