October 7, 2008

Raining at the St. George Marathon? Yeah, hard to believe, huh!





My family headed down to St. George friday afternoon and arrived just in time to eat the famous pasta dinner at the convention center. The marathon took place Oct 4th at 6:45am, and yup you guessed from the title, in the rain! In the 32 years the marathon has taken place, it has only rained twice. The second time was this year! Overall, the runners weren't a fan of the rain. It slowed times down and chilled them, as you can see from my brothers picture. Yet, they perservered and finished still. My brother Bryce leaves on his mission in 3 weeks to San Fernando California. My dad and him trained for this together, and I know they really enjoyed doing this together before he left.

After the marathon, the girls went shopping. I bought a really cute jacket that was a steal of a deal. And while the boys were at priesthood, the girls went and saw "Les Miserables" at the Tuacahn Outdoor Ampitheatre. It was an amazing show, yet like the marathon, the show went on in the rain! We looked at each other 3/4 through the show and just burst into laughter. "Are we crazy to still be here," we asked each other. The wind was blowing so hard it blew rain panchos onto the stage and almost hit Jean Valjean in the face. Then the rain just pelted down and while others were booking it out of the theatre, we endured it (with the help of our umbrellas). We were lucky though, as much as we would've like to have sat closer, our seats were on the very top row, which meant we were able to use our umbrellas. Well it was a great weekend, and I love my family so much. I love spending time with them!

2 comments:

derek said...

Wahoo! Have fun at work!

Brynley said...

sounds like fun in the rain. I wish though the cold wasn't already here. I loved the 80 degree weather. Paul and I leave to AZ to get some warmth back in us. I have my last day of work on wednesday night.