October 30, 2008

Elder Anderson entered the MTC - Oct. 29, 2008





Well he's officially a missionary now! He was set apart Tuesday, October 28, 2008 by Stake President David Miles. The family started the morning off by eating at Bryce's favorite restaurant, IHOP. I ordered my favorite thing on the menu, Cinnamon Swirl French Toast. When we got there, we noticed two other missionaries and their families. Come to find out, ingoing missionaries to the MTC receive their meal free. What a deal! He was to report by 11:30am, so we got there a little before 11am to take pictures, of course! And then we finally entered the building. I think we all did okay until the final saying good-bye scene. We were all crying, Bryce was going down the row giving us all hugs. I was the last one to get a hug and by chance I glanced down the row right as he gave Neal a hug. Now these two boys have become so close over the past couple of years and Neal just burst into tears. Now this made me cry even harder and you know when you can't control your crying and you snort. Well some people do and if you don't, I guess your lucky. But I did, and it was actually humorous! But just seeing them two saying good-bye was heart renching. He then looked at mom and said "I'm going". I think he told her this because one of the branch presidents had just got done telling us that saying good-bye is like a band-aid. The quicker you tear it off, the less pain you feel. So he said "I'm going" and then passed me. And since I was the last one in the row, and he gave me another hug. And then we watched him walk out with the other missionaries, down the hall, and around the corner. I'll never forget him walking out...it was like he was marching with the 2,000 stripling warriors or something. A man of God. He's in His hands now and our family is comforted in that knowledge. I love you Bryce, you'll do great and the family and I are praying for you everyday!

1 comment:

Nick and Titi said...

AHHH isnt it sad when your little brother goes to the MTC? my little brother left in july and i was so sad! but anyway, how are you doing? i see you got a car!!!! thats sooo awesome! miss you lots! hope things are going great for you, cuz you are great!