November 6, 2008

We went "Into the Woods" to have a great night!

Laura, Jackie and me

Me on a toadstool!

Check it out, the prince is right behind us!

Agony! No, that is not what us girls felt at "Into the Woods", but the princes in the musical surely felt that way a few times. I went with my good friends from work, Laura Hess, Jackie Elliot, and Jessica (Laura's roommate, who works in the PICU). The song "Agony" was hilarious, one of my new favorites. I've now added another musical to my seen list. I just love them! "Into the Woods is about a Baker and his wife who want a child, but come across Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Raapunzel, and Cinderella in their quest for one. The message of the play is that we are all not alone and that we must work together in order to accomplish each of our goals in life. I had a lot of fun! After the play, we found a toadstool to pose on. We also found one of the princes, who didn't appear to be in much agony anymore. However, I highly suggest if you haven't seen the play, to understand the "Agony" song, you should go to this link at Youtube and watch it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc_GEhu6oCY. It's great! You'll laugh, I promise!

3 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Oh David Westenberg How I love you.

Jackie said...

That was Great!!! Lets do it again.

Anonymous said...

love the pic. of you on the toadstool! ok...I'll see and shell here at my house in a couple weeks right?! Looking forward to our little girls night!