July 25, 2010

Shakespeare, a 10K, and a reunion! All in one weekend!

Hey! I'm here at the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City! I drove down with Emily and joined my parents and aunts and uncles to watch 'Much ado about Nothing'! It was really good...hilarious! I now want to rent the movie and watch it again, it's been years!

Lindsay, Emily, and I ran in the Pioneer Day, Deseret News 10K! Overall I came in 1231! Sweet! And in my age group, 81st! Yet I was most excited about my time, 55:52.2! The route was nice, mostly downhill, and my heart celebrated when I saw the clock was under an hour as I came in.

The Hardy Family Reunion, July 22-24th, 2010!
My cousin Christie and I in our gear...ready to go down the zip line at Mutual Dell, up American Fork canyon! We had a blast! I went down about 6 times, sometimes with a running start! What a feeling!
I'm headed down the zip line...backwards! I was twisting too much to get a picture of my face, darn it!
My mom, Grandpa Hardy, Emily, and Grandma Hardy!

My cousin Michael Scott, my brother Neal, and my cousin Spencer!

The whole Hardy Family! Left to right...Ryan and Christie Luke, Spencer, Cheryl and Ted, Neal, Emily, mom, LuAnn, Jeff, Grandma and Grandma Hardy, dad, me, Bonnie, Mike, Julie, and Michael Scott.
The Anderson's with Grandma and Grandpa Hardy!

My dad surprised everyone with the supplies to build water bottle rockets! This is Team Awesome! Neal nicknamed it "Mr. T...I pity the fool"! Whatever, he is so funny!

This is Team Big Bird! Big Bird is the nickname for my Grandma Hardy, not sure why, but as long as I know, we've called her that! This one flew pretty well!

And this one was Team Henry! Henry is Jeff's (in orange) nickname! It also did very well!

Preparing the launcher...

After dinner, we sat around the fire and retold stories about Grandma and Grandpa. I love how I captured this picture of Grandpa and Grandma laughing!

And to end the night, my mom had a letter Grandpa's mother had written to his brother who was serving a mission at the time. The letter was written in 1937 and told what the family was up to and a few cool things. She mentioned Amelia Earhart and how she had gone missing in the Pacific. Wow, it was cool to read their experiences. Journals really are important, this is kind of mine! The reunion was fun, great to see everyone, and spend time with the family! I love them!

1 comment:

Ree-ch said...

Hey you, can you check my blog and see if it still turns black. I want to fix it if it does. Hope your trip was fun, wish I could have been there. Love you and your awesome family.