July 2, 2010

Oakley, UT July 4th, 2010 Rodeo!

July 1, 2010...Melissa, Jessica, and I enjoying the Oakley Rodeo! I rode up with Kaylee, her sister Sara, and John and met Melissa, Jenna, and Ryan in Oakley. I even bought the sweet cowgirl hat at Target before we left. I needed to fit the scene, plus I've always wanted to have one.

I always wince when they rope the calves around the necks and throw them to the ground, I guess I just have a soft heart for them! We had a great time cheering on the barrel racers, bull riders, etc.
Roping the calf, poor little guys!

Now that is one big, mean looking bull!

Afterwards they celebrated with fireworks! I tried out the "fireworks" setting on my camera and was impressed, it didn't turn out too bad! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

You were in my territory. I grew up in that area, although I do have to say that I've only been to the Oakley rodeo three or four times in my life.

The Holts said...

Alicia,
That looks like so much fun! We went to a rodeo yesterday too in Panguitch. Fun time of year for rodeos! I am jealous that you and Jessica got to hang out. I miss you both!!