November 3, 2010

4 Amazing days in Chicago!

Welcome to Chicago!

October 21-24, 2010. "I'm flying on a jet plane", yet I know when I'll be back again...darn it! I love traveling, too bad it has to end! But it ends so I can start a new adventure down the road! My friend Becky Anderson, aka "dude" is living in Chicago right now completing a Physician Assistant program. I knew I needed to take advantage of the opportunity to see her and the city while I could, so I bought a ticket spur of the moment! I flew out October 21st, SLC airport delayed the flight due to maintenance issues (they had to dot their i's and cross their t's). Lucky for us, they atleast gave us a $6 food voucher, so I treated myself to a TCBY smoothie! Thankfully, the plane did leave soon and functioned properly and I arrived in Chicago in one piece! As I stepped off the plane, I truly felt what they say about it being the "windy city"!

Whenever I saw the Metro, I thought of "While you were sleeping", which is filmed in Chicago! I love the movie and I loved the city! It was beautiful, all the tall buildings!

The Chicago Tribune!

We just bought our tickets for "The Lion King"! Big grins!

No it didn't have any chocolate syrup in it, but if it did, oh man!!! We found the Hershey Chocolate store and couldn't get enough of it!

Oh baby, if only I would eat it!

We walked up and down Michigan Ave, aka "The Magnificent Mile". Shopped, dined, took fun pictures, and had a great time! Yet our parking garage ticket was $30, oh the price you pay to have fun!

I have no idea what building this is, but I love the angle I caught it at! It's beautiful!

Gino's East Pizzeria! Home to my first "deep dish pizza" of Chicago! We ordered a deep dish, pepperoni and sausage with spinach under the toppings! Loved it! We also bought cheesy pizza bread to hold our stomachs over!
The Lion King at the Cadillac Palace! It was my third time seeing the production, yet it never gets old, only better!
The monstrosity of pumpkins which lined the road of our Pumpkin Fest 5K run in Gurnee, IL. I finished about 27.50.

The Chicago Illinois Temple, simply beautiful! Becky and I stopped there to pick up her sister and two of her sister's friends who were joining us at Six Flags later that day.

Becky and I waiting in line at Six Flags! It was my first Six Flags experience, yet too bad the park was way too crowded and for our $40 tickets, we only rode 2 rides before the lightening and rain came in! Ahh, frustrating, we had actually waited in our 3rd ride line for over an hour when they closed it right as we were about ten people away from boarding! We were all starving and so Becky told me I had to experience Culver's, a midwest fast food restaurant to die for! I probably almost died, I ordered a hamburger, pumpkin spice shake with cookie dough pieces, and substituted my fries for fried cheese curds, oh man, I didn't feel too well afterwards! :) But it was good!

Behold...the pumpkin spice, cookie dough shake!

The elementary school where Becky's branch holds church. It was interesting, I don't think I've ever been distracted by children books while in Relief Society. Usually it's the babies that catch my eyes!

The street Becky lives on. She told me as I arrived in Chicago that everyone on the street either has a dog and walks it a lot, or they're gay! Welcome to Chicago! My experience on the subway was also a testimony to that!
I wish I knew what the headless bodies represented, a gift from Denmark or something. But I loved the building in the background!

Chicago is "the windy city"! My hair was blowing everywhere in this picture!

Big Foot?

Beautiful Chicago in the fall!

The reflective "Bean"!



I love how I captured the city reflected in the Bean!

We made time for the Museum of Science and Industry, which had a small body exhibit we enjoyed! A few things we didn't get to do that we wanted to were attend the Art Institute, run or ride bikes along the coastline, and ride in a horsedrawn carriage through the city! There was so much to do in Chicago and we didn't have time for it all...I guess another trip needs to be planned!

1 comment:

harmony marie said...

Wow, you have a been a busy girl. Hannah was just in Chicago a week ago as well. I'm wearing a Chicago shirt as I type this.