November 28, 2010

A Curling we will go!

Did you know the Utah Olympic Oval in Kearns offers Curling lessons on Friday nights at 7pm, well they do! It was awesome! I wish I had known about this sooner! A friend and I went the other night and I really enjoy the sport. I just need to work on my technique of delivering the stone into the house! My favorite part was watching the instructor pebble the ice. Pebbling is sprinkling water on the ice to create a surface for the stones to glide on. It also allows us curlers to walk on the ice with "some" grip. Yet, I fell once...everyone does! My right hip was pretty sore! I'll show you what I learned below...terminology and everything! :)

Red winning 1-0! It's similar to shuffleboard, which I don't understand nor never played, so I have a lot to learn!

It's a lot harder than it looks! Our instructor has been doing this for 12 years and he looks like he's 25! He was also a figure skater before, so he has the flexibility and moves down!


1 comment:

Laura Campbell said...

wow, how fun! Glad you liked Harry Potter, I'm still undecided on what I thought...