October 31, 2011

Provo Halloween Half Marathon...dressed as Pebbles Flintstone...all 13.1 miles!

The Provo Halloween Half Marathon, 13.1 miles of pure canyon scenery, a beautiful run! I truly wanted to do this run to see all the fun costumes people would wear to run in. I, myself, couldn't help but join in on the fun! I decided, with much debate over the wig, to wear my Pebbles Flintstone costume. I bought it last year complete with a hot pink pixy wig with a bone. It makes my costume what it is, thus I had to wear it.
I used 10 long, thick bobby pins, which held it on so good, I wore it to In & Out to get a bite to eat after the race! I ran the race with my friends Amanda Christensen and Noelle Sanchez. Amanda and I have done quite a few races together, the 2010 St. George Marathon and two Christ-Lutheran Church/School 5K runs! I had to miss this years 5K but it was great to be able to experience this half marathon with her. Noelle works as a float pool RN at Primary Children's, thus how I know her. We've become great friends and plan on running a lot more races and run/exercise together on days off! Below are some fellow runners and our costumes! Noelle dressed as Elphaba from "Wicked" and Amanda was a pumpkin, well after she sheds her sweater! I decided to bring my camera along on the run. I wanted to document my experience through pictures!
Noelle Sanchez, Amanda Christensen, and myself prepping for the race in the heated tent!
I loved this costume! I quickly asked the guy if I could take his photo! So funny!
The Smurfs!
A scary clown!
A sleepy, but very angry bird! And a mean pig!
The shower man! I'm so impressed he wore this the entire time!
The 2:40 pacer, aka...King Kong!
Dos Nacho Libres!
Run Forest.....Run!
Elmer's glue bottles, so creative!
Runners awaiting the start of the race at Aspen Grove!
Just for a "honey bucket"! The wait for a potty. Notice a TMNT, I think it's Raphael!
Running the route through Provo Canyon! Traffic was stopped to allow us to cross the road from Aspen Grove to the freeway! We veered off the freeway at the tunnels to the Parkway Trail. I really wanted to run through the tunnel!
Wrong way!!! It's the Parkway Trail, a beautiful run for an October Saturday morning.
Running through the fallen leaves!
"Entering Walking Zone", ok, I'll walk! 2 Big Birds up a head of me!
Bridal Veil Falls! Amanda was too fast and didn't notice them, I took a few minutes to snap a few pictures!
We're getting there...
A beautiful run through the fallen leaves...
One of my favorite costumes, the patient with an open gown in the behind!
 
The last 0.1 mile felt much longer than it should've been! I made friends with an older woman at mile 12, we paced each other in the last mile!
My friends! Noelle knew she would start itching her nose once the race stated...apparently she did! And Amanda finally showing her true colors, Pumpkin! We had a great time! Amanda got a free massage after the race and we hobbled out to the car wearing our finisher medallions proudly!

1 comment:

harmony marie said...

Whoa! Looks pretty fun!