November 1, 2011

Flash Storm in 13 minutes!

I was driving home from Target in Fort Union this afternoon when I noticed a nasty cloud hanging directly over downtown. I mean, wow, it was only casting its nastiness on downtown SLC! I wish I had my SLR camera with me, but I took what I had, took the next exit, found high ground at Church Hill Jr. High, and shot pictures of the flash storm! It was kind of a spontaneous thing for me to do, and I enjoyed it! This shot is looking out at downtown, north end of the Salt Lake Valley.
This shot is seconds later from the previous one, looking out at Murray, IMC Hospital area, the storm is on the move!
The south end of the valley, also taken at the same time as the previous two but you wouldn't think a nasty storm was headed its way with that beautiful sunshine and rays! The south doesn't even know what is coming...
This is what came! South end of the valley just a few minutes later! Seriously! Crazy, I know! I was sitting in my car, texting the awesome pictures to my mom to see when I looked up and saw the storm completely taking over the valley. I stepped out to take these pictures and got back in my car with snow!
South end of the valley, 30 seconds or so after previous picture!
This picture is looking out on downtown SLC. The storm is beginning to lighten up in the north!
Downtown SLC! A minute or so after the previous picture! This was quite the experience! I've never seen a storm move so fast and have such a drastic changes from picture to picture! From first picture to last, 13 minutes! I had a lot of fun capturing the moment and was glad I was at the right place at the right time!

1 comment:

Nick and Titi said...

ok so i've said this before....love your blog! love your life!! you are so fun. we should get together sometime!! miss you!