February 15, 2010

Snorkeling in Isla Roatan, Honduras! Feb. 3, 2010

Rob, Sara, Julie, Jaclyn, and me on West Bay Beach in Isla Roatan, Honduras!

Beautiful beach! My favorite photo!

Banana boat...sweet! Secretly I wanted a ride!

Our friend Rob really enjoys taking pictures, and so us girls naturally gave the camera a few smiles!

Carnival beach towels in paradise! Did you know these things cost $22 each? Ridiculous! Man, we got one taken from us while on the deck of the boat. We reported it had been taken while we were going down the slide, yet the lady didn't feel sympathy for us! So naturally Julie did as everyone else does, took someone else's towel. We didn't have to pay $22, nice!

Jaclyn, Sara, and Julie were all dying to get their hands on a coconut! They paid a guy $5 to climb up a palm tree, whip out his machete, hack the top off, and after they drank the juice, he cut it in half for them to eat! I'm not a huge fan of coconuts, but it wasn't too bad! It was a yellow coconut, which our guide claimed is the best!

Hilarious to behold! I had to capture this moment, the ice cream man headed down the beach!

Roatan! Jaclyn, Rob, and I went snorkeling at the cove, went out to the rock, and beyond that to a point. I bet we did about 1.5 miles of snorkeling! Oh I could've stayed in that water all day if I had the chance! We ported in Roatan at 12:00pm and had to head back to the boat at 5:30pm. We hired a taxi driver and a guide to take us from the port to the beach and stay with us to drive us back. It was great! Our driver was 17 years old, I just have the hardest time imagining their lifestyle. It's sad they have to grow up so fast to support themselves and their family! Overall, loved the water and the beach! It was a beautiful beach!

No comments: