February 9, 2010

Swimming with the stingrays at Stingray City at Grand Cayman, Feb 2, 2010

My first sighting of Grand Cayman! We came up to the deck before meeting our group to ride the tenders over!

I'm here, wahoo!

Jaclyn and I hanging out at the front of the boat, heading out to the sandbar/stingray city! It was a ~30 minute ride from the island.

Look at how clear the water is, just beautiful!

The boats all back in, tourists jump out, and swim with the stingrays! They are fed well, so they are tolerant of us! And the water is only about 5 feet deep so we just walked on the sand and watched the stingrays swim all around us!

Ahhh, back massage!

Kiss a stingray...what? You want me to kiss the stingray...did I hear you right? Yes, I did kiss it! Everyone in my group had their turn!

Wow, what an experience! Holding a stingray, never thought I would!

LDS Singles group say "cheese"! My group was about 45 singles, just the right amount! We had a fun group, great people!

2 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Wow Alicia! How fun! That looks incredible! I miss you, we need to chat soon!

Ree-ch said...

I can't believe you, you are the travel maniac...I am so jealous. Once upon a time I traveled, wish I was there. Don't know how Norah would do with stingrays though. Love the pics...you look cute.