February 20, 2010

Hospitals seeing more and more RSV cases! Especially at Primary Children's!

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



This has been a busy past few months at work for me and these are the type of kids I'm striving to get better! Oh they are so cute, but so sick! I love my babies!

What is ... RSV? Respiratory Syncytial Virus is the most common cause of bronchiolitis (inflammation of the small airways in the lung) and pneumonia in children under 1 year of age in the United States. Each year, 75,000 to 125,000 children in this age group are hospitalized due to RSV infection. Almost all children are infected with the virus by their second birthday, but only a small percentage develop severe disease. -CDC

2 comments:

The Holts said...

I think McKay got RSV this week. Luckily, he can still breathe, but it is a pain! Suctioning all the time. I hope you are doing good. I work next weekend. Do you?

Laura Campbell said...

oh the babies! I miss them so!