December 4, 2008

It's puzzle time!

FairyTales by James Christensen, it's so fun to look at!

Mom, Emily, and Neal getting in on the action of putting this thing together.
Smile!

Hey, so the day after Thanksgiving, my brother Neal, and my sister Emily and I put together this amazing 1500 piece puzzle. It probably took total man/woman hours ~12-15hours. But it was so worth it! The puzzle is a painting by James Christensen, a well-known artist who specializes in fantasy themes. This one is called FairyTales. It's composed of 25 or so fairy tales all combined in one frame. It's fun for the looker to pick all of them out. This is one of my favorite pieces of his work, another one is his Nursery Rhymes painting. My goal is to glue the puzzle together and frame it. If I can't have the real one then I can make due with this one on my wall. It sure was fun though spending time with my brother and sister. :)

6 comments:

Brynley said...

My family are big puzzlers also. I'm the one that steals a piece so i can be the one to put in the last piece. hehe. That is what a last born has to do for attention. hehe

Kelli said...

Looks like some quality family fun! I miss you, Alic! I'll be down in January, we should definitely get together!

Kelli said...

And Brynley, that is hilarious! I should have taken lessons from you on how to be a good last born child!

harmony marie said...

Hey send your address to me!

Jamie Blake said...

looks like so much fun! i sure miss the anderson family! we definitely have to get together when I come down next week- me and you and emily! won't that be so fun?! :) I will be stranded without a car though, so we will have to work it out!
looks like you are doing really well, and i am so so happy to hear that you are picking up painting! it is really so much fun, and you will be great!

Anonymous said...

Alicia...I love to do puzzles too. Shelley and I did the 1000 piece Presidents puzzle on Thanksgiving together but it was way easy and the 2nd or 3rd time we did it. Time to get some new puzzles I guess. I hope you have a GREAT Christmas with family/friends. We will be in St. George Mon-Wed. after Christmas probably. Don't be a stranger k?!