May 3, 2010

Hiking up the snowy trail in Millcreek Canyon!

A week ago, my roommate Lindsay and I drove up Millcreek Canyon (as seen above) for a day hike. We both had the day off and decided to make an afternoon of it! The day was a little overcast, but we had high hopes! It was a nice, beautiful day for a hike, but we had no idea how snowy the trail would still be.

Exhibit A...This section of the trail had the longest stretch of snow, and yet just a bit past this area, the trail was dry, green, and full of flowers growing. Who knows what is going on! The snow did pose a challenge, but nothing us two girls couldn't handle! I just wish I had spikes on the bottom of my shoes or poles! I kept wishing I had my snowshoes on my back so I could whip them out when we came upon snow!

Oh yeah! Can you see the trail?

Lindsay enjoying the outdoors and snow!

Victory! Our view from the top of the Salt Lake Overlook trail! Hello...Salt Lake City!

We're here! We had a lot of fun! It's a really nice hike, one that I often do on my days off! And if you own a dog, you'll fit right in, because everyone brings their dogs on this hike! I feel like I need to get a dog! Hmmmm... :)

1 comment:

Brynley said...

because i think dogs can only be outside and he wants them inside so no deal. Awesome hike!