October 10, 2009

Snowshoes - Atlas Elektra 9

Yes...I did! I bought snowshoes for my enjoyment this winter! I've had the idea for a while and it finally seemed like a good idea to buy them. This picture is exactly what they look like, cute huh! If any of you own snowshoes, let me know, cause I'd be delighted to go with you. Listed are a few features that I've come to love about them compared to the other snowshoes I've worn.

1. Spring loaded suspension (SLS, they call it) allows the foot to naturally lift up and doesn't drag the end of the snowshoe behind.
2. It has woman-specific wrapp bindings...I guess meaning that they are easier to get on and off. It has one strap that you cinch up and you're in, and then you unloosen it and you're out. So much easier, I can't wait!
3. The woman-specific 6061 Aluminum V frame is narrower at the back to facilitate a woman's stride. Hopefully, I won't step on the back of the other shoe as much anymore.
4. They have a lifetime warranty...and
5. They're just plain cute!

1 comment:

J+S said...

Scott and I bought snowshoes last year and we love going. Let us know when your next adventure is.

~Jenifer