October 5, 2009

St. George Marathon 2009 - 26.2

Dad and Neal after finishing the St. George Marathon! The first weekend of October is a family favorite. When us kids were little, we didn't understand what we came down for, other than swimming in the hotel pool, free breakfast, and watching dad walk around funny for the next few days. :) Well little did we know, it was in our genes, and soon we would be participating! Sadly Emily and I didn't pull out for the lottery this year, but next year we're crossing our fingers. I reserved my first hotel room ever! I decided that if I'm going to do this race again, I want a better nights rest than the first time! Neal was a beast and ran faster than we thought he would, he got 3 hours and 20 minutes. I was at the finish line at 3:27, I just barely missed him. Dad got 4 hours and 30 minutes. Way to go Dad and Neal!

Dad coming down Snow Canyon! Mom, Emily, and I drove and hiked up the road to meet them. We missed Neal, but cheered Dad on!

Here's the beast, what a man! He is very sore though, just thought you might be wondering!

Enjoying all the goodies after the race!


Dad racing to the finish line in bright yellow! He came up to us and said he was tired, I don't blame him, but he took off again, and finished strong! It was so easy to spot them this year! I want to get a lime green shirt to wear next year! :)

1 comment:

Jamie Blake said...

I seriously can't believe Neal ran it that fast! That's INSANE! But I am so proud of you guys, you athletes, you!