November 1, 2009

Birthdays...spider webs...and Darth Vader too, stir them in my witches' brew! I got magic, Alakazamakazoo!

Friday night, October 30, 2009, I got together with my good friends Annie and Kirk and carved some pretty awesome pumpkins! We even baked the seeds while we finished carving and had an amazing treat! It was my first time doing that and I'm a fan! Annie and I dressed up in our "Where's Waldo" costumes for the event! I am Waldo and she's Wanda! They're pretty awesome!

Annie carved a pumpkin with "Happy Birthday" on it for her grandma's birthday, which is on Halloween. They have a tradition, they go to her grave all dressed up in costumes and sing Happy Birthday! What fun family memories! I carved a creepy spider! And Kirk found an awesome pattern to do Darth Vader! They all turned out pretty cool!

I'm in the process of carving the spider! By the way, Waldo and Wanda's hats were made by Annie, the shirts are from The Gap, and our glasses (not seen in picture) were from Claire's. We each had striped socks and tights bought at halloween stores! We looked like the real deals!

Kirk and his masterpiece! Oh and he wanted to make the disclaimer that its not slobber on his shirt, it's water from washing his pumpkin...right ;)!

Annie and her creation! Happy Birthday Grandma!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pumpkins are awesome! You guys did a killer job on them.

Ree-ch said...

That spider was pretty sweet, where did you get the idea? I love the Darth Vader too, reminds me of something Justin would do.

J+S said...

So the sock monkey hats...I really would like one, and they are in stock right now. They would be $26.50 plus shipping I think...