November 28, 2009

Black Friday 2009

My new toy! I decided to buy a GPS on Black Friday to help me maneuver around SLC and for future road trips! I went shopping with Karlie, a friend of Bryce's he dated before he left on his mission. She braved the madness with me last year and so we continued the tradition for a second time this year. She brought her sister this year, which was her first time, and I hope she wasn't too shocked by it all. We went to Target, which opened at 5am this year instead of 6am. An hour earlier is just too much! We got inside a little after 5 and I mentioned to Karlie that "not having a cart was the smarter way to go because then you can maneuver through those who do". A lady next to me heard me say that and said, "true that", and began to move her cart to the side of the aisle and in the process smacked Karlie's sister in the bum. She turned around, I believe she hadn't been paying attention to our conversation or to what the lady was trying to do, and said, "are you kidding me?" We laughed pretty hard, poor girl, I hope she comes again! But we had a great time, I got this Tom Tom XL340S GPS and Disney Scene It 2nd edition. We joined up with my parents at IHOP for breakfast at 7:30am and then headed home for much needed naps! Until next year Black Friday, it was a good one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it, you are so brave. I dont think i have ever made it out for a black friday. I think it has something to do with the 5 am start :) I am not much of a morning shopper :) Luvs