November 23, 2009

I am thankful for...

...the mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
...the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.
...the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
...all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
...the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
...my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
...the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
...a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means that I have a home.
...my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive!

At this time of Thanksgiving, I wanted to share this thought with you. I am thankful for my family, the gospel, my health, my job, my food and shelter, friends, and for being alive!

No comments: