November 23, 2009

My baby got rear ended!

Yes, it's true! Most of you didn't know, and its not that I didn't want to tell you, but I found it hard to tell people! It happened on October 30th, on the way to work. I was in front of the hospital, ready to turn into the hospital entrance, and the traffic was stop-and-go! It usually is, I mean who's the genius that put 4 or more major hospitals, a University, and other businesses all on one road! Stupid! Well so traffic was slow, and then it picked up again and then suddenly came to a complete halt! I slammed on my breaks and was able to stop in time, but the girl driving behind me was not so lucky (and consequently, neither was I)! Luckily I didn't hit the car in front of me!

I luckily pulled a little to the right in order to let the driver behind me know I had to stop quickly, because she hit my back left corner and if I hadn't, I think she would've hit my entire back end. I just sat in the car for about 15-20 sec. thinking, "this did not just happen, this did not just happen." I got out and surveyed the damage. The left corner bumper was hit and in the shifting movement of that hit, it caused a few dents in the side upper panel (as seen above). The poor girl was a nursing student on her way to clinicals. I called the police, reported it, exchanged info, and I eventually made it to work 45min. late. My charge nurse was great and had gotten report from the nurse for me and my manager waved my tardy. I love my co-workers and managers! Yet, it was pretty much a busy, hard day. It's a given when you start the the day the way I had! All in all, it took me two and a half weeks of calling two insurance companies and the driver before I got any answers or help in fixing my baby! Last Tuesday, November 17th, the collision place started repairs and on Friday, November 20th, I got my baby back (3 weeks from the accident). It was a nightmare and one that I wish not to repeat ever again!

This was the rental car, paid for by the insurance co. (yeah!). It's a Corolla S 2009, like mine, but the newer model!

And here's my baby now! Notice the new bumper and repaired side upper panel. They said they put the car on the frame machine (I wish I could've seen this) and pulled those dents out. They replaced the bumper and the bottom spoiler, which was broken off in the accident. They had to paint the bumper and the area where those dents had been (which was also blended into the drivers side passenger door). The color matches well to the rest of the car! I can't even tell!

I'm so grateful I was able to get it taken care of! Persistence is the key! It's fixed! Yeah! I love my car! This picture was taken today!

3 comments:

harmony marie said...

Bummer...hey remember that Mike guy you went on a date with? I just gave him your number so he might be calling...

Heather said...

That makes me so sad. When are we going to get together?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the car, but it cleaned up very nicely huh? It was nice visiting with you the other day...stop by anytime...goodluck at work and with this guy you told me about. Whatever happens will happen right?! Talk to you later and will let you know when we'll have another girl night!