December 11, 2009

Ballet West's 'The Nutcracker'

It was awesome! I was able to go to the performance tonight with my sister Emily! We both were in a Nutcracker performance when we were little. We took ballet from Clytie Adams, and I was a red soldier! I wish I had access to those pictures right now to include one! I had the coolest costume and painted face, oh the memories! Yet, the performance was fun for us both to see; neither of us had ever seen Ballet West's Nutcracker! My favorite dance was the Russian dancers! Their dance is amazing and of course the music is awesome!

I got this picture from google, but it was the same one in the program! This part is always fun to watch the mice fight the soldiers, especially the Mouse King and the Nutcracker! This part always seemed like a huge part of the show to me, only because when I was in it, we practiced with the mice and the nutcracker (since I was a soldier) and I never saw much of the other parts. So when it was over and they had killed the King, I turned to Emily and said "that's it"!

Emily and I with a Nutcracker at the Capitol Theatre in SLC! I always look forward to our sister time together to update each other on our latest stories and events! I love you Em!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the nutcracker!!! I am so jealous :) luvs