December 10, 2009

Christmas Fun!

So I've never read A Christmas Carol before by Charles Dickens, so I figured it was about time I did. This is the version I have that I'm reading. I bought it at Deseret Book. It has beautiful illustrations!
Mr. Santa Spud! Yup, my newest Christmas decoration, apart from Hal the Moose (shown below) from Build-a-Bear, whom I've renamed Berry! I figured I needed some fun Christmas decorations, and since I am who I am, these are what I got!

Berry, the Christmas Moose, formerly known as, Hal the Moose!

I made a Christmas countdown chain! Currently there is 15 loops, so 15 days and counting! You can also see the beautiful Poinsetta plant I bought to get festive for this Christmas season! I just love Christmas!

And this is my families Christmas countdown calendar! We've had this thing as long as I can remember. I remember waking up early each morning in December during junior high and high school in order to be able to be the first one to change the date! I'm so mean! But I usually did, and if someone else had already moved the mouse, I moved it back and then moved it a day ahead! :) Ha ha, I laugh at the thought now! I decorated my parents house a few days ago, one of my favorite things as shown in a previous post and loved every second of it. I've come to the conclusion that I have hung the garland on the stairway banister almost every year since we've been in that house and it's almost a tradition for me to do it! I also had to take a picture of this countdown calendar for memories sake!

2 comments:

Brynley said...

Oh please come and decorate my house. I think I need to go buy a tree for sam. He would love it. I can tell you are a ped nurse with all your toy decorations. Hehe. I miss you tons!!!!!! Have a merry christmas. (I'm going to try better to decorate after reading your post.)

Caleb said...

Oh my gosh!! My parents totally have that exact same Christmas countdown with the mouse! They have had it for as long as I can remember... I was just looking at it hanging in their house today and thinking it was so nostalgic. That is awesome!