June 22, 2011

The sights of Boston!

Day 5 began with a stroll across the bridge, to the subway, and getting off at Boston Commons Park. Oh the weather in Boston! At least I was able to tryout my new umbrella! Do you love the colors, I sure do!
The cute wharf immediately next to our hotel. Bunker Hill is in the top left of the picture!
It was overcast but on a clear day, I can only imagine how beautiful it would be to go boating in Boston!
Our Marriott Hotel in Charlestown
These amazing purple poppies were in Boston Commons!
Everyone was decked out in Bruin jerseys for the Stanley Cup finals, even George Washington in Boston Commons!
I want to go "where everybody knows my name ...and they're always glad you came"! Cheers! The set and bar of the TV show.

Cobblestone streets in Beacon Hill
I love this house, I want to live in it! I love the ivy growing all over the front!
Even the ducks are in the Stanley Cup spirit!
Okay, so some history on this picture. My mom told me and my pop out map that there were swan boats in Boston Commons. So throughout all of planning, I had my heart on riding in a swan boat, which I figured was just a swan that you paddled around the lake. Well we got to the park and this is my surprise when I found out it was just one flat yacht with 6 swans on it. Bummer!
Mr. has his own street named after him!
Alright, so we found out as we arrived on Saturday that it was "gay pride weekend". Well that's what I call it, they had a different name of course, but needless to say we saw our fair share of "flamers", purple outfits, high pitched voices, and everything that goes with it. Ugh, it was just not right at times!
Bryce outside our hotel overlooking the water, what a cute guy!
Check out the water level. This is in the morning...
And this is what it would look like by the time we returned to our hotel at night.

No comments: