June 22, 2011

The sights of New York City!

Day 3 in NYC started out taking the subway to the NBC studios, we went inside the store and found Chuck stuff! Bryce, having served most of his mission in Burbank,CA, where Chuck takes place, got himself and I into the show! 
Doesn't he remind you of Jeff & Lester! I loved that they had the same shirt they wear in the show.
Oh Chuck me!
The Manhattan New York City Temple!
After the temple we walked over to Central Park! I love the park, it's so green, big, and there's always lots of fun stuff to do! I even assisted a biker who fell, luckily the medic was called and came. I let him take over and went on with my vacation!
Imagine! The memorial to John Lennon of the Beatles. There was a guy there that day who had decorated the ground with the flowers. A die hard Lennon fan!
The boathouse! One day I will ride in one of those boats!
Neal and Emily outside the boathouse.
Bryce likes Alice in Wonderland, so when he heard there was a statue in the park, we searched and found it!
Just strolling through the park!
Neal also grew up loving the movie Balto, ok, we all did!
I was parched! I indulged in a spider-man popsicle!
I love that all the buildings are built so straight with the park, one minute you're in a forest and the next in the metropolis of NYC!
The apple store! It is so cool, just a glass box on ground level, but below ground is a massive store!
Dad really wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, which was one thing I wasn't able to do when I was there last. The boys wanted to go to Times Square so mom sent her babies off on a subway that she hoped would take them there and we were off to find the entrance to the bridge! It was a beautiful day and I only wished I was one of the runners running across the bridge and into NYC!
A view of the Manhattan bridge.
 
Off in the distance on the left is the Statue of Liberty
The city of Brooklyn with the Manhattan bridge in the background.


Pulling funny faces at the end of the day. Mom was in Roxy Deli buying some black and white cookies, and the rest of us were ready to get back to the hotel after a long day of walking.
Times Square!

No comments: