June 22, 2011

Traveling by Amtrak to Boston!

Day 4 began with a quick pack job, towing our luggage through the subway to the Amtrak station. Our breakfast as shown above was Jamba Juice and a few black and white cookies!
Neal was being so funny, he'd ride down the escalator with his feet spread apart while drinking his Jamba. I'm sure the lady passing him was wondering, who are you kid?
Our train was scheduled to leave at 10am, we could only bring carry ons which is why none of us checked a bag on this trip. I didn't think I could pack a weeks worth in one bag, but I did it!
Mom and I outside our train once in Boston!
Bryce stoked to be in Boston! His favorite NBA team is the Boston Celtics, so he's always wanted to come.
The first sign letting me know I'm officially in Boston!
Our ugly train, I thought it would've looked a lot cooler than that. :)
We took the Subway to North Station and then had to walk a half mile across the Charlestown Bridge to our Marriott Hotel.We looked great rolling our luggage through downtown, such easy targets!
Ah, we're in Boston!
Bryce almost fell over when he realized his team's building that they play in was right outside of our subway station exit. The TD Garden, home to the Boston Celtics and currently the Boston Bruins who were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Game 6 was played while we were there, it was a thrill to know that just across the bridge the game was being played, yet we watched it on TV.
As we crossed the bridge to our hotel, we noticed these guys fishing, how random! And then we noticed the sign in the water, "NO FISHING" and yet the police station is that red building on the left. Who knows!
 
The cute little streets and houses of Boston, I want one!
 
Mom, Dad, and I walked to the nearest grocery store and there we found chocolate milk, our families addiction! I loved this brands name, TruMoo! I told my dad, "be true to your moo"! He loved it, yet the milk didn't taste like anything I've ever tasted before. We took it back and bought ice cream instead!
Inside the TD Garden, Dad and Bryce found a column with a picture of their idol on it.

Harvard, the University of gray matter!
A beautiful chapel on the grounds of Harvard! After settling into the hotel, we took the subway up to MIT and Harvard.
A view of the city from Cambridge!

No comments: