June 22, 2011

The sights of New York City!


Red eye flight...the beginning of Day 1 in New York City! Ah, I couldn't wait to be there again. The reality of the fact wasn't quite settling in! Our flight flew out of SLC around 11:30pm and landed in NYC about 5:30am. A family friend connected us with a shuttle service that would take us to our hotel, so since we all had carry ons, which was so nice, we headed to the pickup area and were off to NYC!
The boys try to act so tough!
Emily and I looking over the endless buildings that make up Manhattan! I'm always amazed at how big Central Park is compared to the rest of the island!
The kids at the entrance to the Empire State Building! Does the wall in back look familiar? We had fun naming different movies that this building has been in. Too many to count!
Times Square, my love of NYC! I love the fun, alive atmosphere! I love looking at all the lights, moving billboards, Musical billboards, and of course just watching the many people enjoying the same atmosphere as me!

We bought tickets to see Phantom of The Opera! We weren't sure which shows were clean, so we felt most safe with Phantom. Plus, Neal loves Phantom and I know he really wanted to see it. Yet, note, remember that red eye flight we took, ya it's the same day and we haven't really slept. Not really a good idea to put 6 sleep deprived people in a dark theater, what happens is, we all feel asleep at different moments throughout the show! However, the Phantom is the best I've seen yet!
The Disney Store in Times Square was amazing! I just had to put one of these on and mom indulged me by putting one on as well.
Do we look tired? Well we are, but we're also so excited for PHANTOM!
Neal loves the PHANTOM! A few months ago, he asked me if I was coming home. I told him yes, and his next question was "Can you bring Phantom, the movie, with you?" After dinner that night, we watched it, just the two of us! He's so cute! He may act all big but deep inside he still cuddles next to me and rests his head on my lap when enjoying a great movie!

So after Phantom, no one could make a decision. We were hungry and tired, and just wanted to go back to the hotel room! Once in the room, we all crashed for a good 2-3 hours! Emily and my dad woke up at one point, took orders for Subway sandwiches, and after eating them, I feel asleep again for another hour. Emily, my mom, and I all woke up around 8pm and decided to take the subway to see a few sights. We told dad where we were headed and set out. The results were Radio City Music Hall, an amazing Black Cow (root beer float) at Stardust Diner, and the Late Show.
I love this cozy diner! The waiters and waitresses are all dressed up in poodle dog suits and dresses and they all take turns singing Broadway tunes as you eat! I recommend this place to anyone wanting a unique taste of Broadway while in NYC!
Emily ordered a shake, while I ordered a fantastic root beer float!

No comments: