June 22, 2011

The sights of Boston!

TD Garden! Home of the Boston Bruins and the Stanley Cup 2011 Finals. Day 6 began with touring the gift shop in the TD Garden, and that is where we found these amazing hands and Bruin bear heads.
Neal was attempting to pick my nose with the finger, can you see me pulling away! He is so funny!
As Kronk says "Riiiigggghhhhhttt"!
Bryce pulls off the bear look well!
Fenway Park! The oldest major league baseball stadium currently in use and home to the Boston Red Sox baseball club since 1912. It is currently 99 years old and next year it will officially become a National Park. We took a tour and I really enjoyed hearing about all the renovations they've done in preparation for next year. And yet, you can't even tell anything has been done to the stadium, it is still classy!
Emily and I at Fenway Park!
Neal, Emily, Bryce, and I enjoying the tour at Fenway Park.
Mr. enjoying his seat in the Green Monster!
Emily took this picture from a lower seat on the green monster.

Us kids on the green monster! Youngest to oldest, I think I'm the shortest!
I love that they call it the green monster! I was so confused at first because I was looking for a billboard or a sign like the Budweiser sign that said "green monster", yet never saw one. My brother heard me asking and  pointed over to the wall, as if to say, "hello, isn't it obvious"!

This painting on the brick is inside the stadium. I think it's pretty cool, it's a relic!
These chairs were the original chairs that were in the stadium. I love that they have kept them to use.
The outside wall with all the banners displaying the championships they've won.
Disney presented each MLB team with a Mickey decked out in that teams attire; however, when they went to deliver this one to the Red Sox they noticed it was broken. They called the Red Sox head dudes and told them it would be delayed in its arrival. Yet the Red Sox season so far was full of injuries so they said to send it how it was because it represented what was currently going on. So that is why the arm is bandaged up. Ps do you see the green monster on Mickey's left foot, love it!
After touring Fenway Park, we took the subway to Boston Commons where the Freedom Trail starts. This grave stone is at a cemetery on the freedom trail.
Faneuil Hall, a meeting hall since 1742, also the site of several speeches by Samuel Adams, James, Otis, and others encouraging independence from Great Britain.
One of my favorite parts about Boston is how these old buildings stand right in the middle of the skyscrapers. Faneuil Hall has since had part of the subway built underneath it, and so life goes on, they just incorporate the old in with the new. I love it!
Paul Revere's house
I love these old cemeteries from the 1700s, the markers are halfway buried, broken, and barely readable. 
Paul Revere's tomb, the small one on the right says "Revere's tomb"
The Freedom Trail (2.5 miles) is marked by red paint, but mostly by red brick. Every now and then these gold markers would mark the trail.
A beautiful park in downtown Boston, just outside of Little Italy.
The black and white cookies, infamous!
In Little Italy we ordered a pizza from Express, a cute Italian restaurant. My dad ordered lobster ravioli, mom ordered a spinach calzone, and Emily had an Italian sub sandwich. The meat pizza was shared amongst all of us, it was huge!
Bryce is showing off the shirt he and I both received as souvenirs at the NBC store in NYC.
We heard Mike's Pastry is the place to go to get gelato and cannolis. We did both, yet at Modern Pastry we bought a piece of cheesecake, which I think was the best to date I've ever had.
I love the faces this brother can pull! We love our pastries!
The Freedom Trail ended at Bunker Hill, which was just behind our hotel. Our hotel is the Marriott on the left. I loved the location!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm totally jealous that you went to the Red Socks stadium. Pretty sure that's Jason's dream..