March 17, 2009

Seattle, Washington! March 11-13, 2009

Seattle, WA! I made it! As I flew in, Mt. Rainer was stunning, the skies were blue, and the sun was shining. It stayed that way the entire three days I was there. Miracle, I know! I flew in to visit a few friends from nursing school, see the sights, and then visit Portland before I fly back home.

So this is a view of Carkeek beach and Puget Sound behind me. It was very windy, chilly, but sunny with blue skies. Even the pilot of the plane I flew in on said as we landed "enjoy the sun here in Seattle, it's rare!" Kristen Bylund and Camille Young, two friends from nursing school who have both moved up there to enjoy the water and work, picked me up from the airport and first took me to this park.

Oh it was so beautiful!

Wahoo, I'm here! Hello Seattle!

The Fremont Troll! If you can see it, there is a real volkswagon beetle underneath the troll's hand. He's palming it! Funny huh! I don't know much history on it, but Kristen and Camille had to take me to see it. It's well known in Seattle. But I did hear a story about how a little boy, when he came to see it, thought he'd be able to drive the bug right out from under the troll's hand, and then return it when he was done. Whatever the story is behind it, it's a piece of art!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautiful Pictures. John B told me that you visited him in Washington. How fun! I hope things are going well.