March 20, 2009

Vancouver, B.C. Canada! Eh!

On Friday the 13th, Kelli and I took a road trip to Vancouver, B.C. Canada. The Olympic Winter Games next year will be held in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. This logo for the games is called an Inukshuk, which means "likeness of person". They are a big part of their history. These figures, made of stone, used to stand on hilltops to decieve the caribou. The Inuit people would then catch the caribou as they ran away from these stone human like figures.

Eh! Welcome, to the best place on earth! Or so they say!

Tim Horton's is a well-known Canadian donut shop. I had to try it to say I'd been there! Eh!


Grouse Mountain, which was open for skiing and snowboarding, but we didn't want to have to pay the fee to ride the skyride so we just posed for a picture! Isn't a picture worth more than a thousand words anyways! It was beautiful!

Capilano Suspension Bridge, built in 1889, today's bridge is made of reinforced steel safely anchored in 13 tons of concrete on either side of the canyon. I can say, "I made it!" It still sways and gives the total thrill of being on a long bridge. I felt like I could barely walk straight on it. There was also a treetop adventure area where we walked on bridges up in the trees. I felt like Tarzan, ahhhh!

Kelli and I on the Capilano Suspension Bridge!

A typical Canadian black bear, right?

This group picture was taken over 100 years ago...oh wait, no, someone is in color! :) These people are some of the original owners and managers of the suspension bridge, I just decided to join their picture.

I'm at Stanley Park, a famous park in Vancouver which has a trail all around the park looking out on the bay. It was beautiful! You could watch the boats come in and out as well as the ski planes and sailboats.

This is at Stanley Park again, looking out on the bay. Lion's Gate bridge is in the background, connecting Stanley Park to the area of Vancouver which has Grouse Mountain and the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

No comments: